An excellent read. Not academic at all - just real-world advice and an easy to follow step-by-step process that I think would work for most manufacturing companies.
Free MRP Implementation Book
Have you ever wondered how to take your manufacturing business to the next level with an MRP system? 123 Insight's Martin Bailey reveals the tried and tested formula that has helped hundreds of businesses to streamline their processes, showing what MRP can really do for your business.
An MRP implementation book that shows:
- Why many MRP/ERP implementations fail
- MRP versus ERP
- How to win the hearts and minds of staff
- Planning your software/vendor selection process
- Data - what to take and what to leave
- Breaking down the implementation process
- Managing the go-live process
- How to measure success
Regardless of your business or manufacturing process this book is packed with anecdotes of real-world problems and how manufacturers overcame them, breaking down the selection and implementation process in an easy to understand, non-technical way.
It walks you through the initial process of understanding some of the problems that MRP solves, how to shape your MRP evaluation team, selecting vendors, working out how to import data and what to import or leave, and finally the implementation and go-live process. Once you're live, you'll also have a better grasp of how you can measure the success of the system over your previous system or methods.
It's well-written, easy to understand and extremely informative; it'll be valuable whatever software you decide to go with.
ISBN: 978-1-5272-4926-4 (Paperback)
ASIN: B081LKBHJN (Kindle Edition)
Paperback: 152 pages
Table of Contents:
- About Martin Bailey and 123 Insight Ltd
- What kind of business are you?
- MRP versus ERP
- Before MRP - your current problems
- MRP and finance (accounts software)
- Winning hearts and minds
- Planning your selection process
- Planning - What NOT to do
- Selecting your MRP system
- Decision made - now what?
- Back to School - Start learning!
- Hardware first, software next
- Data cleansing / getting ready to import
- Implementation - Data Transfer/Setup
- Downstream training
- Getting ready for take off - The Pilot
- Final Tasks before Go Live
- The Big Day, and beyond
- Measuring success
- Summary and Next Steps
- Appendix A - Project Roles
- Appendix B - Objectives
- Appendix C - Training Analysis
- Glossary of Terms
Reviews on Amazon
For those involved in the Manufacturing sector looking to implement an MRP/ERP system then this book is a must. It cuts through all of the (mostly unnecessary) jargon and provides a template which is so easy to follow.
This book was recommended and after reading it bought copies for every member of our senior team.
There was an immediate buy-in as the book highlighted issues that we faced on a daily basis using our excel spread sheet based system.
This is one of the most useful books I've read for ages - there are lots of bite size points outlining complex mrp issues i can relate to. shall keep it for reference, really handy!
Highly recommended essential preparatory reading for anyone looking to implement an mrp system. It covers loads of questions about the actual selection process and it features a 'real' system in use - 123insight which is a bonus as it helps with prioritising what to consider and also the best order do things in. The chapter on what data to migrate from our old mrp to the new system and what to not was particularly useful.
I found this book concise and easy to understand. It covered all the areas needed and I would highly recommend it.